As a 3rd generation Tylerite and SMU graduate, I was thrilled to move back to Tyler in 2005. I had been living away from Tyler since graduating, the last 12 years in Miami with my husband Gary and kids Chapman & Callan. It was time to be close to family and friends.
I started “Dawn Herwood’s It’s About Time” to help people have more time and less stress. I love helping people with their parties, weddings and events. I specialize in “Day-Of Coordinating” for weddings and rehearsals and have worked at many local venues. I can arrange everything or just do a timeline for the event. Read what my clients and venues say about me…
J Hilburn was introduced to me in 2009 and I have over 200 men in my client roster. I go to them so they never have to go into a shop and they end up with custom and ready to wear clothes that fit properly, feel great and are styled for the client, whether he prefers traditional or fashion forward. Our core business is fully customized shirts and after I take 10 measurements, clients can choose from over 250 Italian milled fabrics. They then have a shirt that fits the way it should fit and looks great. We offer an incredible range of sizes for our shirts, suits, trousers, belts, sport coats and outerwear jackets.
In keeping with J Hilburn’s mission of saving men time and money while helping them look their best from head to toe, the company now offers a full line of men’s clothes from t-shirts to tuxedos and everything in between, even ALLEN EDMONDS shoes.
I am into the details and am very organized – whether helping with a party or event, or helping men with their wardrobe – my job is to take the stress away.
So if you’re looking for event help, a man wanting to upgrade your wardrobe or someone needing a perfect gift for a man – give me a call or an email.
And….I am always looking to add members to my J Hilburn team – please contact me if you’re interested. It’s a fun job that gives you the freedom to spend time with family and friends.
Some event history –
• I planned & coordinated a traditional wedding – service at Highland Park (TX) Methodist, reception at Northwood Country Club, Dallas. 200+ guests.
• I planned & coordinated rehearsal dinner and on-yacht wedding & reception in Miami, including travel arrangements for 40+ out of town guests. 60+ reception guests.
• I served on the Party Planning Committee at Doral Resort & Spa (now Trump National Resort Miami) for 6 years. I participated in event theme selection, décor coordination and event execution for 30+ events.
• I was Co-chair for school fund raising Golf Tournament, Biltmore Hotel & Golf Club, Coral Gables, FL for 2 years. I planned and coordinated the golf tournament, breakfast, lunch and awards ceremony for 80+ golfers and volunteers.
• I served on the Texas Rose Festival’s Ball Committee and Queen’s Tea Committee for 2 years.
• I’ve planned and coordinated weddings at venues in the Tyler area – Elmwood Gardens, Stone Oak Ranch, The Arbor and others.
• I was one of the Planning and Event Managers for the Trinity Mother Francis Anniversary event at Cascades Country Club – 600+ guests.
• I’ve successfully planned and coordinated over 100 bridal showers, birthday parties, anniversary celebrations and dinner parties.
• I am a Past Member of Junior League in Dallas, Memphis, Miami and Tyler